This is a fantastic recipe for Lasagna...from start to finish!
You will need:
1 lb lean ground beef
5-6 large mushrooms
2 6oz cans of tomato paste
1 large (anywhere from 14-22 oz or so) can of diced tomatoes
2 cups water
1 TBSP dried oregano
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp basil
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 TBSP sugar
12 oz cottage cheese
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
9 lasagna noodles
lots of mozzerella cheese
1. Brown the meat in a large frying pan. Drain off excess fat
2. Mix together the diced onion, chopped mushrooms, tomato paste, diced tomatoes, water, and spices (you can add other spices or adjust the amounts to your preference) in a large sauce pan. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for an hour. I added the browned beef in after 45 minutes.
3. Mix together cottage cheese, egg, and parmesan cheese in a bowl.
4. Bring a large pan of water to a rolling boil. Cook lasagna noodles until al dente, about 8 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
6. You can do your layers however you choose, but here's how I did mine. Cover bottom of 9x13 pan with a layer of the tomato sauce. Cover with 3 noodles. Spread cheese mixture on top of noodles. Add a small amount of sauce. Cover with 3 noodles. Spread remaining sauce over noodles. Cover with the last 3 noodles.
7. Bake for 30 minutes. Spread mozzerella cheese on top of noodles, bake 10 minutes more or until cheese is all melted.
Browning meat and beginning sauce.
Slicing mushrooms for sauce