Last night I went to Mike's family reunion. His aunt made Chicken Mancotti...it was delicious! I knew I wanted to try to replicate it, so when someone else asked his aunt for the recipe, I listened carefully. So this afternoon when my dad asked me to make dinner tonight, I knew what I wanted to try. I realized that though I had listened carefully to the recipe, I didn't rememeber it, so I kind of made it up as I went! We didn't have an Mancotti noodles, so I decided to use the same basic idea and make Chicken Lasagna instead.
You will need:
1 box of lasagna noodles
8 ounces sour cream
1 can cream of chicken soup
3 chicken breasts
1/4 cup parmesean cheese
1 cup cheddar cheese
1. Cut chicken into cubes.
2. Mix together the sour cream and soup. I added a bit of water so it wasn't so thick. Stir in parmesean cheese.
3. Cook noodles (or follow directions for oven-ready noodles).
4. Grease a 9x13 baking dish. Pour 1/3 of the sauce on the bottom. Put 1/3 of the chicken on top, spread evenly. Sprinkle with garlic powder. Cover with noodles. Repeat 2 more times, finishing with noodles on the top.
5. Cover with foil. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
6. Remove foil and cover noodles with cheese. Bake for 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted. Enjoy!!!