Fruit Slush (6/9/10)
My mom made this recipe a few weeks ago for her Bible study group. It is a recipe she got from one of her friends, and it was a huge hit with everyone! It is the perfect dessert or snack for the summer!
You will need:
1 cup sugar
2-1/2 cups water
6 oz frozen lemonade concentrate (thawed)
6 oz frozen orange juice concentrate (thawed)
8 oz frozen strawberries
16 oz crushed pineapple, with juice (I would modify the recipe to use only 8 ounces)
4 medium bananas
7 Up, Sprite, or Ginger Ale
1. Cut fruit into small pieces.
2. Stir together sugar and water until sugar is dissolved.
3. Stir in lemonade and orange juice.
4. Add in fruit.
5. Stir all together and freeze in plastic bowl with cover.
6. Remove from freezer after 1.5 hours, just when it is becoming slushy, and stir it.
7. Return to freezer until 30 minutes before serving.
8. Scoop into individual bowls and pour a small amount of 7 Up over slush. We also added a few slices of fresh strawberries.
If you like what you see, please subscribe and join me on Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter!
Wednesday, June 09, 2010
Friday, June 04, 2010
For probably 2 years now I have been looking for a sugar cookie recipe that tastes like some cookies I made for some friends. The only problem was, the ones I made were really those break and bake cookies, and I wanted something I could make from scratch. I thought I had found the perfect recipe when I had some cookies from the nursing home, but when I made them, the texture just wasn't right. I have tried recipe upon recipe and I just haven't found one that is what I am looking for. Today I was reading blogs and I came across a recipe that looked like it was "the recipe". I couldn't wait, so I made the cookies this afternoon...and, the verdict is in...these are the closest I have come to "the recipe"!!!! I am so happy! Here is the recipe.