Beer Bread (1/23/11)
"I cling to my imperfection, as the very essence of my being." ~Anatole France (Jacques Anatole François Thibault), The Garden of Epicurus, 1894
This recipe is not one that will create the perfect loaf of bread. With beer bread, its perfection is in its imperfection. It's a delicious bread, its nutty and somewhat sweet flavor is the perfect addition to a meal, or even a snack (or meal) on its own!
Beer bread is super simple, only 6 ingredients! It takes about 5 minutes to put together and you can be enjoying it in less than an hour! If you've ever purchased a mix to make beer bread, save yourself the money, and make this one instead!
You will need:
3 cups flour
1/3 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 (12-ounce) can beer
3 tablespoons margarine, melted
1. Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl.
2. Add beer and mix until combined.
3. Place dough in a greased bread pan.
4. Pour melted margarine over dough.
5. Bake at 350 for 55 minutes, until golden brown.