I love to make homemade marshmallows, I don't know if I'll ever use store-bought again. Homemade marshmallows are so fluffy, sticky, vanilla-infused, and delicious! Another thing I love is s'mores. They just scream campfire, summer, warmth... All things I really miss during a cold (and long) Michigan winter.
I just received a package of vanilla beans in the mail and I knew I had to make marshmallows again! I wanted to do something different though. I thought about just dipping them in chocolate, but then I thought, why not s'mores? This is what I came up with. I brought them to my small group and they went over real well. I know I'll be making these time and time again!
You know, I really don't think the name I chose for this snack really describes how incredible these are. If you have any name suggestions, please feel free to share them!
1 pan of homemade marshmallows (click here for my recipe)
1 package graham crackers
1 12 oz. bag of chocolate chips (I used milk chocolate)
1/4 block of parafin wax (or baking wax), could be optional, but I like the way it helps the chocolate dry and the shine it gives the chocolate
1. Break graham crackers into 4 pieces.
2. Using crackers as a guide, cut marshmallows into pieces the same length and width of the crackers. (I found that I could get the length of 3 crackers from the short side of the marshmallows, and about 8 crackers wide. I hope that makes sense!)
3. Melt wax in a microwave safe bowl. It took about 3-1/2 minutes for my wax to melt completely.
4. Stir chocolate chips into wax. They should begin to melt, but you can put the chocolate chips in the microwave in 20 second increments until the chips are melted and smooth.
5. Assemble the s'mores by placing a marshmallow on top of a graham cracker and then topping with another graham cracker.
6. Dip the s'more into the melted chocolate and coat completely. Remove s'more with a fork and place on waxed paper.
|Oh so good! I just couldn't resist!!!|