Quarter Pound Chocolate Chip Cookies (1/17/11)
These cookies are similar to the ones I posted the other day, just not double chocolate. Mike prefers just chocolate chip cookies, so I thought I would try the recipe, just omitting the cocoa powder and adding in some brown sugar. The results were delicious!
You will need:
2 sticks margarine, cold
1-1/4 cups sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
2-1/4 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
2-1/2 cups chocolate chips
1. Combine margarine and sugars in a mixing bowl.
2. Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy.
3. Add in eggs, one at a time.
4. Add the flour, salt, and baking powder to the bowl and mix until incorporated.
5. Fold in chocolate chips with a spoon.
6. Divide dough into 4 ounce portions (or 12 equal pieces).
7. Form into balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet, 2-3 inches apart.
8. Flatten balls slightly with your palm.
9. Bake at 350 for 16-19 minutes.
10. Cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes and then transfer to wire rack to completely cool.
Adapted from: Annie's Eats