Peanut Butter Cup Bars (2/6/11)
You will need:
3/4 cup margarine, divided
1-3/4 cups powdered sugar
1 cup peanut butter (I used creamy but you can use chunky just as well!)
3/4 cup crushed pretzels
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
1. Line an 8x8 pan with foil.
2. In a microwave safe bowl, melt 1/2 cup of the margarine.
3. Stir in powdered sugar until smooth.
4. Add in peanut butter and crushed pretzels and stir until completely combined.
5. Spread peanut butter mixture into foil lined pan.
6. In a microwave safe bowl, melt remaining 1/4 cup of the margarine.
7. Add chocolate and stir until melted. You might need to put it back in the microwave for 15 seconds if the chips won't melt completely.
8. Pour chocolate over peanut butter layer and smooth.
9. Refrigerate at least an hour, until set.
10. Remove from pan using the foil as a "handle" and cut with a pizza cutter.
If you have any leftovers, you'll want to store them in the fridge!