You will need:
2 cups heavy cream
1 cup whole milk
1 layer red velvet cake (or half of a double layer cake, or half of a 9x13 cake)
4 ounces cream cheese
2 cups powdered sugar
1 Tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. In a medium saucepan, combine 1 cup heavy cream and milk.
2. Cut cake into smaller chunks and add to cream mixture.
3. Heat cream and cake mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the cake dissolves.
4. Remove from heat and let the cream cool to room temperature. Stir in remaining cream.
5. Refrigerate at least 12 hours.
6. Churn ice-cream in your ice-cream maker according to the manufacturer's instructions. Mine took about 30 minutes.
7. In a small bowl mix together frosting ingredients. Carefully stir into ice-cream.
8. Place ice-cream in a freezer-safe container and freeze at least 2 hours before serving.
Adapted from Culinary Concoctions by Peabody