I love McDonald's Southwest Chicken Salad. One of my co-workers offered to grab lunch for me the other day, she was headed to McD's and I knew what I wanted! Plus it's only 420 calories, including the dressing! One night I asked Mike if he would mind a huge salad for dinner, he was okay with it, and I was thrilled to be able to create my own version of my favorite salad. Neither of us care for beans, so we omitted those, but otherwise I think this is almost exactly like McD's...I know I loved it!
You will need:
Chicken tenders (I used 1.5 per person)
Lettuce (I used bagged, but you can use a fresh head too!)
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Dressing: (This makes about 1 cup of dressing, enough for at least 4 bowls of salad)
1/2 cup fat free ranch dressing
1/4 cup fat free sour cream
1 teaspoon vinegar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1. Cook chicken tenders in a frying pan. About halfway through cooking, spread a mixture of honey and mustard on each side. Remove from heat. Dice when cooled.
2. In the same pan, cook corn until it is somewhat blackened.
3. Prepare carrots by cutting them into "curls" with a vegetable peeler.
4. Layer lettuce, carrots, corn, chicken and cheese. Top with crushed Doritos.
5. Pour dressing over salad.