If you like what you see, please subscribe and join me on Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter!
Sunday, May 08, 2011
Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
I love pancakes. I am definitely a breakfast-for-dinner girl! Growing up we would have breakfast for dinner at least 2 times a month. And until I started working at 5am on Saturdays, we would always have a big breakfast on Saturdays, always pancakes or waffles. I've never mixed up the recipe for pancakes too much, usually just adding in blueberries or chocolate chips, but when I saw this recipe, I knew I had to try them. Let me tell you, they did not disappoint! I thought they were perfect, and tasted so similar to cinnamon rolls, just more moist.
By the way, are you sick of cinnamon recipes yet? I just noticed that my last 3 recipes have involved cinnamon! Don't worry though, my next recipe doesn't have any cinnamon!
One batch of your favorite pancake batter
1 stick margarine
1 cup brown sugar
2 Tablespoons cinnamon
1 cup powdered sugar
2 Tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. In a microwave safe bowl, combine margarine, brown sugar, and cinnamon until smooth.
2. Microwave in 10 second increments until margarine is soft and can be squeezed through a pastry bag.
3. Transfer mixture into a pastry bag (or be like me and use a Ziploc bag with the tip cut off--easier clean-up!)
4. Pour pancake batter onto hot griddle and pipe cinnamon mixture in a swirl over batter.
5. When pancake is golden brown, flip and cook until the other side is done. I found that the cinnamon mixture made the pancakes gooey-er than normal and so they didn't turn out quite perfectly looking.
6. Mix together powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla to form a thin icing. Serve on top of pancakes in place of syrup.
It's a Keeper