For Mother's Day, Mike and I invited both of our families over to our house for lunch. We had a great time, with good conversation, laughter, and lots of food! It's a good thing none of us were watching our calorie intake because it was not the healthiest meal. The dessert was basically pure sugar, but it was oh, so good! It's incredibly rich, so a small piece goes a long way.
25 Oreo cookies (about 1/2 a package)
1 stick margarine, melted
3 cans sweetened condensed milk
1 (8oz) tub Cool Whip
1. Make Dulce de Leche: Remove the wrappers from the cans of sweetened condensed milk. Place in a medium saucepan and cover in water. Boil for 3 hours, checking every 30 minutes to ensure that cans are covered in water. (There is a risk of cans exploding if they are not completely immersed.) After 3 hours, take the pan off the stove and allow the water to cool. Then remove the cans from the water and set aside.
Note: I do this step the night before and then just let the cans sit on the counter until I'm ready to use them. You can do it right before you make the pie though too!
2. Crush Oreos.
3. Melt margarine and stir in Oreos. Press into a 9x13 pan.
4. Pour Dulce de Leche over Oreo crust.
5. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
6. Spread Cool Whip over Dulce de Leche. Top with chocolate shavings.
7. Refrigerate until you're ready to serve.
“I’m partying at the Pi Day Pie Party at Crazy for Crust today. Come party with us!”