If you like what you see, please subscribe and join me on Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter!
Monday, July 18, 2011
I made this recipe as part of the Secret Recipe Club that is put together each month by Amanda from Amanda's Cooking. Each month participants are assigned to another blog and we choose a recipe to make and feature on our blog. It's all a secret until the day of the posting--today! This is my first time participating and I was assigned to Foodness Gracious. There are so many fantastic recipes on this blog, but due to my overabundance of bananas, I settled on making his recipe for banana muffins, which he aptly named Bananadrama. I thought these were delicious, and I loved the added flavor and crunch from the almonds. I'll definitely be making these again!
1-3/4 cups flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
dash of nutmeg
1/3 cup ground almonds (I used whole almonds and ground them in my food processor)
1/3 cup brown sugar
2-3 large ripe bananas (I used 3)
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 cup milk
3 tbsp honey/agave (I used honey)
1. Sift flour, baking powder and cinnamon into a bowl.
2. Stir in nutmeg, sugar and almonds.
3. Mash bananas in another bowl and add eggs, oil, milk, and honey.
4. Add to dry ingredients and stir until just mixed.
5. Spoon into muffin trays and bake in a 375 oven for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when stuck in the middle.
Be sure to check out the other participant's recipes!