It's time again to reveal my assigned blog for the Secret Recipe Club. This month, I was assigned to Chelsy's blog, Mangia. Let me tell you, this girl can cook! She comes from an Italian food-loving family and her passion for food is definitely apparent in her blog.
I had a hard time choosing which recipe to make, in fact I have a few bookmarked to make at some point. When I saw these delicious looking blueberry muffins, I knew this was the recipe for me. I love blueberries and July and August are prime time for blueberries in West Michigan. I had the opportunity to pick berries this year so I was excited to use blueberries that I hand-picked!
Do you notice a trend here? I love muffins so much that I choose a muffin recipe last month and again today!
Makes 24 muffins (or 12 muffins and 1 loaf of bread, or 2 loaves of bread)
You will need:
2 cups flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup olive oil
3/4 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
2 cups blueberries
For the topping:
1/3 cups flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
4 Tablespoons butter
1. In the bowl of your stand mixer, place the flour, brown sugar, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda and mix until just incorporated.
2. In a large bowl, beat together the vanilla, olive oil, egg, buttermilk, and yogurt using a whisk.
3. Add the wet mixture into the dry mixture, and combine until fully incorporated.
4. Fold in the blueberries.
5. Pour the blueberry batter into a greased muffin pan.
6. In a small bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the crumble topping using a fork.
7. Top each of the muffins with the crumble mixture.
8. Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the muffin comes out clean.
*I made 12 muffins and 1 loaf of bread. I baked the bread at 400 for 45 minutes.