You will need:
2 cups + 2 Tablespoons flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1-1/2 sticks margarine, melted and cooled
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg + 1 egg yolk
2 teaspoons vanilla
1-1/2 cups M&Ms
1. Mix the flour and baking soda in a small bowl and set aside.
2. In a larger bowl, mix the margarine and sugars until they are well combined. (Be sure to let your margarine completely cool; I didn't the first time and that resulted in extremely sticky dough. If it happens to you just add a small amount of flour until the dough is able to be formed into balls.)
3. Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla and stir until mixed.
4. Gradually add the flour mixture and mix until a dough forms.
5. Fold in M&Ms.
6. Divide dough into balls (Mine were slightly larger than a golf ball).
7. Pull each ball in half with your hands. Turn each half so the rough side faces upwards and squish the halves together.
8. Place the dough, rough side up, on greased cookie sheets.
9. Bake at 325 for 8-10 minutes, until edges are slightly brown. I took mine out when the centers were still doughy and looked shiny and they were perfect.
Source: How Sweet Eats
|These made giant cookies, about 5 inches across!|