Thursday, September 22, 2011
I decided to make "mini-omelets"...actually more like egg muffins, as I decided to call them. These are the perfect size for a quick snack or breakfast, or grab a few for a satisfying dinner. I made a dozen one night and froze them for quick breakfasts. I did make some with just egg whites, and some with the whole egg--either way, they're delicious!
3 Tablespoons milk
3 large potatoes
4 slices bacon
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, plus extra for topping
1. Beat eggs and milk together in a medium bowl.
2. Shred potatoes into the bowl with the eggs.
3. Fry bacon until crisp and then crumble into egg mixture.
4. Stir in cheese.
5. Pour into greased muffin tins.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes, until eggs are set.
7. Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese. Serve warm.