If you like what you see, please subscribe and join me on Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter!
Wednesday, October 19, 2011
Pumpkin Carrot Cake Bread
This bread is very dense--probably more dense than you would expect from a fruit bread. The slightly sticky and dense texture reminded me of some meal replacement or protein bars I've had in the past. I think some diced apples or chocolate chips, or maybe even cinnamon chips, would be an excellent addition to this bread!
Makes 1 loaf, about 10 slices
You will need:
1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 15oz can pumpkin
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 Tablespoons applesauce (I substituted applesauce for oil)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup grated carrots
1/4 cup mix-ins: chocolate chips, diced apples, walnuts, raisins etc.
1. In a large mixing bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
2. In a separate bowl, combine egg, pumpkin, sugar, applesauce, and vanilla.
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until just combined.
4. Fold in grated carrots and any other mix-ins.
5. Pour into a greased bread pan.
6. Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Source: Faith, Fitness, Fun