Monday, November 07, 2011
Garlic Mashed Potatoes
After browsing though a few of my favorite blogs, I came across a recipe on Gina's Skinny Recipes for Skinny Garlic Mashed Potatoes. Do you remember the Strawberry Cheesecake that was a huge hit with my family? I found that recipe on Gina's blog, so I knew the chances were pretty good that I'd like her mashed potatoes as well!
This recipe includes three delicious flavors, garlic, chicken (from the broth), and sour cream. Combined with the potato, the flavors work very well together. I'm pleased to tell you I was successful in my goal, and I'm proud to present to you, my favorite mashed potato recipe!
Oh, and don't forget, you can vote for your favorite mashed potato recipe by clicking "like" under the picture of the recipe! (I'm #21!)
You will need:
4 potatoes, peeled and cubed
4 large garlic cloves, peeled and halved
1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
1/4 cup fat-free chicken broth
2 Tablespoons skim milk
1 Tablespoon light butter
1/4 cup fresh herbs of choice: parsley, thyme, tarragon (*I used dried parsley, thyme, and some chives for garnish)
kosher salt to taste
dash of fresh ground pepper
1. Put potatoes and garlic in a large pot with salt and enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 20 minutes until potatoes are tender.
2. Drain and return potatoes and garlic to pan.
3. Add sour cream, chicken broth, milk, butter, and herbs to potatoes.
4. Using a masher, mash until smooth.
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Source: Gina's Skinny Recipes