I finally got the chance to make baked brie for Thanksgiving. I offered to bring an appetizer, already knowing what I was going to bring. I would say this baked brie was a huge hit. I topped the brie with some mango and papaya preserves, but I think just about any fruit flavor would be delicious!
Serves 10 (as an appetizer)
You will need:
1 sheet of puff pastry (thawed)
1 8oz round of brie
3 Tablespoons fruit preserves
1 Tablespoon butter, melted
1. Unfold thawed puff pastry sheet onto a greased cookie sheet.
2. Place brie in the center of the puff pastry.
3. Spread fruit preserves on top of the brie.
4. Fold up puff pastry to enclose brie. Pinch edges so the cheese can't leak out.
5. Brush puff pastry with melted butter.
6. Bake at 350 for 40 minutes, until puff pastry is golden brown. Let the baked brie sit for at least 10 minutes before serving, or the cheese will run out.
Serve with sliced apples and crackers.