Last week I shared a recipe for Hot Chocolate Mix, and today I thought I'd share a recipe for the perfect cookie to enjoy with a cup of Hot Chocolate! As a bonus, it also uses some of the Hot Chocolate Mix! If you made it already, you're ahead of the game. If not, go ahead and click on over to check it out...I'll still be here :)
When I saw this recipe on Alli-n-son, I knew I would love it. As you'll find out tomorrow (when I do a guest post at Mom's Crazy Cooking), one of my favorite cookies is Pecan Snowballs. This is a fun twist on snowballs and for someone who loves chocolate (me!), it's the perfect combination. This cookie was my choice for the baking day I had with my Mother-in-law and Sister-in-law earlier this month. I'm glad I chose it!
Hot Chocolate Snowballs
Makes 36 cookies
You will need:
2/3 cup butter, softened
3 ounces Neufchatel cheese, softened (can also use cream cheese)
2/3 cup hot chocolate mix
1/3 cup powdered sugar, plus extra for rolling
2 teaspoons vanilla
1-3/4 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, Neufchatel cheese, hot chocolate mix, powdered sugar, and vanilla.
2. Add in flour and salt and mix until well blended.
3. Cover and chill for 1 hour, or until dough can easily be handled.
4. Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place 1 inch apart on a greased cookie sheet.
5. Bake at 350 for 15-18 minutes, or until firm.
6. Let the cookies cool for 2 minutes before rolling in powdered sugar.
7. Let them cool completely on a wire rack.