I've had a couple posts from the Foodbuzz Tastemakers program lately and I hope you're enjoying them. One thing I really like about this program is it offers me a chance to try a new product or showcase a more common one in order to share the products with you! The products I have tried are all high-quality and ones I feel good about sharing. The Crisco Olive Oils I received were no exception.
I received 3 bottles of Crisco Olive Oil: Extra Virgin, Pure, and Light.
Flatbread, with Herbed Dipping Oil:
Cucumber Tomato Salad with Italian Dressing:
And, pizza dough (recipe here, I just used Crisco Light Olive Oil):
Today, let's talk about this dipping oil. When I was in Romania, crusty bread and dipping oil were one of the main meal starters for a Sunday dinner. I loved the flavors infused in the oil and how it enhanced the bread!
Herbed Dipping Oil
You will need:
1/2 cup Crisco Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tablespoon vinegar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon rosemary
Crusty bread or flatbread for dipping (I'll be posting my flatbread recipe next!)
1. In small frying pan over medium heat, saute minced garlic in EVOO until the garlic is soft but not brown. It took me about 3 minutes.
2. Allow oil to cool and pour into a pint sized jar (use a funnel if needed).
3. Add vinegar, salt, black pepper, and rosemary to oil.
4. Shake vigorously to mix the ingredients.
5. To serve, pour the oil into a shallow bowl or plate and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Dip crusty bread or flatbread into oil and enjoy!
Disclosure – As part of the Foodbuzz Tastemaker Program, I received Crisco Olive Oils to try with my family and write about it. Opinions expressed are my own and are NOT influenced by monetary compensation.