Friday, February 24, 2012
My other favorite candy is Reese's Peanut Butter Cups...do you notice the peanutty trend? I've made a bar version of PB cups before, and they are one of my favorite treats. When I saw this recipe for Payday bars, I knew I had to try them. I was really impressed with these and I find myself grabbing one every time I open the fridge--yes, they are that good!
Makes about 30 bars
You will need:
3 cups salted peanuts
2-1/2 Tablespoons butter
2 cups peanut butter chips
14 ounces (1 can) sweetened condensed milk
2 cups mini marshmallows
1. Sprinkles 1-1/2 cups of the peanuts onto the bottom of an un-greased 9x13" pan.
2. Melt butter and peanut butter chips in a large saucepan. Stir until smooth.
3. Remove pan from heat and stir in sweetened condensed milk and marshmallows. Stir continuously until marshmallows melt and the mixture is smooth.
4. Pour the peanut butter mixture over the peanuts in the pan.
5. Sprinkle remaining 1-1/2 cups of peanuts over the peanut butter mixture.
6. Refrigerate until the bars are solid. Cut into bars and store in the fridge.
Source: Bake or Break