here. I hope to get some good food related discussions going on that page, and I'd love for you to join in.
I must have pickles on the mind lately. Last week, I shared a recipe for pickle dip, and today I have another fabulous pickle recipe for you! You may remember my recipe for fried pickles that I shared last year. I created that recipe because I had heard that our favorite place to get them was closing, thankfully they didn't end up closing, so we were still able to have our fried pickles at the beach last summer. These are similar, but much healthier because they are not fried! Mike and I gobbled these up the day I made them, and I know we'll be making them again soon.
Baked "Fried" Pickles
3-4 Tablespoons of flour
1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
teaspoon seasoning salt
1/2 teaspoon dill
2-3 dill pickles, thinly sliced
1-1/2 cups bread crumbs
1. Beat egg in a shallow bowl.
2. Add in the flour and mix until it's the consistency of paste.
3. Stir in the worcestershire sauce, seasoning salt, and dill until well combined.
4. Add your pickles to the paste mixture and toss until coated.
5. Pour the breadcrumbs into a shallow dish. Coat each pickle, one at a time, in the breadcrumbs.
6. Place on a wire rack on top of a cookie sheet.
7. Bake on broil (500 degrees) for 4-6 minutes, until golden.
8. Remove from oven and flip each pickle over. Return to oven and bake 3-4 more minutes.
Serve warm, with ranch dressing.
Source: Family Fresh Meals