If you like what you see, please subscribe and join me on Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter!
Monday, April 02, 2012
Marinated Flank Steak
When I saw this recipe in a magazine, I knew I had to add it to our menu. The marinade gives the steak a delicous taste and makes the meat nice and tender. I would have prefered my steak to be slightly more well-done, but since this was my first time making a steak that is supposed to be served pink, I think it turned out well!
You will need:
2 Tablespoons canola oil
2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 Tablespoons honey dijon mustard
2 Tablespoons ketchup
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1-3/4 pounds flank steak
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Whisk canola oil, vinegar, mustard, ketchup, garlic, and Italian seasoning in a medium bowl.
2. Combine with steak in a large Ziploc bag and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
3. Remove steak from marinade and season with salt and pepper.
4. Broil or grill steak for 3 minutes on each side, or until the steak reaches an internal temperature of 125 degrees.
5. Let the steak stand for 5 minutes, then slice thinly against the grain.
Source: Family Circle