This month, I had the opportunity to browse through all the recipes on Cara's blog, The Boys Made Me Do It. I enjoyed reading the stories about her boys and her adventures in the kitchen. Cara's blog is full of recipes that I would love to make, and I had quite a challenge trying to pick the recipe to make. I finally chose her recipe for Peggy's Pound Cake, and I'm so glad that I did. I served this with fresh strawberries and a strawberry sauce for our Mother's Day celebration and it was a huge hit!
Almond Pound Cake
Makes 1 Bundt cake
2 sticks butter, softened
3 cups sugar
1/2 cup shortening
3 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1-1/4 cup milk
2 teaspoons almond extract
1. In the bowl of your stand mixer, cream together butter, sugar, and shortening.
2. Add half of the flour and the baking power and mix well.
3. Add in half of the milk and continue to mix.
4. Add in one egg at a time, mixing until well incorporated after each addition.
5. Add in remaining flour, milk, and the almond and mix well.
6. Pour into a greased Bundt pan. (I sprinkle sugar on top of the butter I greased the tin with and it prevents the cake from sticking and gives it a great sugary crunch!)
7. Bake at 325 for 60-70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
Source: The Boys Made Me Do It