If you like what you see, please subscribe and join me on Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter!
**Blogging friends! I am looking for guest posters while I'm on "maternity leave". Please email me (email@example.com) if you're interested!**
Friday, May 25, 2012
Mike's Favorite Ice-cream Dessert
I had a little bit of trouble with the chocolate topping in the original recipe, I must have done something wrong because the chocolate stayed a runny mess. I modified it by making a ganache-type topping and it turned out much better. Mike said he liked the chocolate layer on top too...score 1 for me! :)
Makes 1 9x13 pan
You will need:
1 package Oreo cookies, crushed
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 gallon Vanilla or Cookies and Cream ice-cream, slightly softened (I let mine sit on the counter while I crushed the Oreos)
2/3 cup evaporated milk
3 squares semi-sweet baker's chocolate, chopped
1. In a medium bowl, combine crushed Oreos and butter until moist.
2. Press crust mixture firmly into the bottom of a metal 9x13 pan. (This is going in the freezer, so use a freezer-safe pan).
3. Scoop ice-cream over the crust and use a spatula to smooth it out.
4. Pour evaporated milk into a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes, until the milk just starts to bubble.
5. Place chopped chocolate in a medium bowl and pour the hot milk over it. Stir gently until smooth.
6. Pour ganache over the ice-cream.
7. Cover dessert and place it in the freezer. Freeze at least 2 hours before serving.