Wednesday, July 18, 2012
Now Mike and I have started a tradition of our own. We call it "sampler-platter nights". Basically I look through the fridge and cupboards and pull out a smorgasbord of foods--anything goes, from sliced fruit and veggies, to pizza rolls, to cheese and crackers, to dips. This dip has made it's appearance a few times because it's so easy to make and it's delicious.
You will need:
1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese
2 cups salsa
1 cup shredded Mexican cheese
1. In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and 1/2 cup salsa.
2. Spread the cream cheese mixture in the bottom of a microwave-safe glass dish. (I used a pie plate.)
3. Spread remaining salsa over the cream cheese mixture.
4. Top salsa with shredded Mexican cheese.
5. If desired, microwave for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes, until heated through and the shredded cheese is melted. This dip can also be served without microwaving.
Serve with tortilla chips for dipping.