If you like what you see, please subscribe and join me on Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter!
Friday, November 09, 2012
Have you tried Biscoff spread yet? If not, what rock are you living under? Just kidding. But I'm serious about this--run, don't walk, to your nearest Walmart and pick up a jar (or three...). All the hype you've heard about Biscoff spread is true--it really is the best thing since Peanut Butter. After hearing all my favorite bloggers raving about Biscoff, I knew I had to try it. I enjoyed my first jar...
Spoonful by spoonful.
Yes, when I wanted a sweet treat, I headed straight for my jar of Biscoff. A few delicious bites later, I was satisfied. When I bought my second jar, I thought maybe I should use it for something other than a snack. Perhaps, a recipe? After all that is what I do!
I took my recipe for Peanut Butter Cup Bars, but I swapped out the Peanut Butter for Biscoff spread. What a fantastic switch! These bars were incredibly rich, but oh so delicious.
Makes 20 bars
1/3 cup margarine or butter
1-3/4 cups powdered sugar
1 cup Biscoff spread
3/4 cup crushed pretzels
1/4 cup margarine or butter
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
1. Line an 8x8 pan with foil.
2. In a microwave safe bowl, melt 1/3 cup of the margarine.
3. Stir in powdered sugar until smooth.
4. Add in Biscoff spread and crushed pretzels and stir until completely combined.
5. Spread Biscoff mixture into foil lined pan.
6. In a microwave safe bowl, melt remaining 1/4 cup of the margarine.
7. Add chocolate and stir until melted. You might need to put it back in the microwave for 15 seconds if the chips won't melt completely.
8. Pour chocolate over Biscoff layer and smooth.
9. Refrigerate at least an hour, until set.
10. Remove from pan using the foil as a "handle" and cut with a pizza cutter.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.