If you like what you see, please subscribe and join me on Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter!
**Blogging friends! I am looking for guest posters while I'm on "maternity leave". Please email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you're interested!**
Wednesday, December 05, 2012
White Chocolate Santa Mix
I was honored to share this recipe as part of the Bake, Craft and Sew along a couple weeks ago at A Southern Fairytale. You can still enter the giveaway today here. Now I'm happy to share it here in case you missed it...
We're 19 days from Christmas! Do you have your Christmas shopping done?
No? Me neither! But let's forget about Christmas shopping for a few minutes and talk about something much more exciting--White Chocolate Santa Mix! This is a fantastic snack to make and have on hand for all your Christmas parties. It would also make a fun Christmas gift. (hint hint)
If you have children, I think this would be a fun treat to make with them. The most time consuming part is making the little Santa hats, but the end result is worth it!
White Chocolate Santa Mix
Makes about 20 servings
1/2 cup red chocolate candy melts
1 cup Bugles
mini dehydrated marshmallows, if desired
2 cups Chex cereal
2 cups Cheerios cereal
2 cups popped popcorn
2 cups pretzels
1 cup Christmas M&Ms
1-1/2 cups white chocolate candy melts
1. In a small, microwave-safe bowl, melt the red chocolate candy melts in the microwave. I microwave for 30 seconds, then stir. Then return to the microwave in 15 second increments until the chocolate is melted.
2. Using a fork, dip the Bugles into the red chocolate and place coated Bugles on a wax paper lined cookie sheet. Allow the red chocolate to harden.
3. In a medium, microwave-safe bowl, melt the white chocolate candy melts in the microwave following the directions in step 1.
4. Dip the wide end of the Bugles into the white chocolate to form the brim of the Santa hat. Return to the wax paper lined cookie sheet.
5. When the white chocolate has hardened, dip the tops of each hat into the white chocolate to form the pom-pom at the top of the hat.
6. If desired, place a mini marshmallow on top of the white chocolate. Return the hats to the lined cookie sheet to dry.
7. In a large mixing bowl, combine the Chex, Cheerios, popcorn, pretzels, and M&Ms.
8. Pour melted white chocolate over the mixture and stir to coat thoroughly.
9. Spread the chocolate coated mixture in an even layer onto 2 wax paper lined cookie sheets. Sprinkle the Santa hats on top.
10. Allow the white chocolate to cool completely before breaking the mixture apart and storing in an airtight container.