After 20 weeks of waiting and excited anticipation, Mike and I had our ultrasound on Thursday and found out that in July we will be having a baby girl! We are so excited to welcome our daughter into the world. Part of me hopes the next 20 (or fewer) weeks fly by, but I love being pregnant so I'm also hoping it goes slow so I can enjoy every minute.
fun announcements in January, we knew we couldn't just tell them "it's a girl". I'd seen the idea of gender reveal cupcakes many times and so we decided that was the route we would take. I had some leftover pink frosting from my Strawberries and Cream Cake, so that was really handy to have to fill these cupcakes.
Gender Reveal Cupcakes
Ingredients:24 cupcakes (I used a white cake mix and the ingredients on the box)
1 jar of frosting
pink (strawberry) or blue (blue raspberry) Jello
1. Scoop about 1/3 of the frosting out of the container and into a small bowl. Add 2 Tablespoons of the Jello mix and stir until the color is evenly distributed.
2. Scoop the colored frosting into a pastry bag with a large tip (the bigger the hole in the tip, the easier to fill the cupcake).
3. Insert the tip into the top center of the cupcake and squeeze the frosting into the cupcake. Repeat with each cupcake and the pink frosting.
4. Scoop the white frosting into a pastry bag and decorate the top of the cupcakes as desired.
5. Top with sprinkles or other garnishes, if desired.
Enjoy sharing your happy news with friends and family!