One of the great things about chili is that I've found it really doesn't matter what you put into it, the chances are it's going to taste great! My dad recently made a chili with spaghetti sauce in it. Surprisingly, it was pretty good! My go-to chili recipe calls for some unique ingredients like cocoa powder and beer. Since I didn't either of those ingredients in the house, I just combined the ingredients I did have and came up with this chunky chili. Mike and I both enjoyed it, and the leftovers were delicious the next day!
2 pounds ground turkey
1 small onion, diced
1 Tablespoon minced garlic
2 14.5 ounce cans diced tomatoes
1 small can tomato paste
1 can red kidney beans (don't drain!)
32 oz beef broth
1 Tablespoon chili powder
1. Brown the ground turkey and drain the fat.
2. Add diced onion and minced garlic and cook until the onion is translucent.
3. Pour the diced tomatoes, tomato paste, kidney beans, and beef broth into your crock pot.
4. Add the meat mixture and chili powder and stir to combine.
5. Cook on low heat for 8 hours.
This recipe is entered in: