I am a big snacker. What can I say? I just love food :-) The worst part though, is when I get in a snacking mood, I want to eat everything. Everything. Maybe that's why this baby weight is still hanging on...
One of my favorite snacks has always been popcorn. I'm a sucker for a bag of freshly popped buttery popcorn, but I also love the air popped stuff. We have a variety of flavors that we use on our popcorn. Even homemade flavors like apple cinnamon! I haven't always been a fan of Oreos, but when I was pregnant I craved them. I remember telling a friend how I ate an entire sleeve in one sitting (a big deal for me!) and he laughed and said he could eat a whole package! Apparently everyone loves Oreos.
Then I saw this idea combining popcorn, peanut butter, and Oreos. It was a pregnant snacker's dream come true! I still love in now. In fact, I'm off to make a batch...and put on my stretchy pants...
1 bag microwave popcorn
8 ounces almond bark (or white chocolate chips)
1/4 cup peanut butter
16 Oreos, coarsely chopped
1. Pop popcorn according to directions on the package.
2. Pour the popcorn into a large bowl and remove all the unpopped kernels.
3. Place the almond bark in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute. Stir and add the peanut butter.
4. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring each time, until the chocolate mixture is smooth.
5. Pour the peanut butter mixture over the popcorn and stir. Add the Oreo pieces and stir again.
6. Pour the popcorn onto a baking sheet lined with waxed paper. Allow the chocolate to cool until set.
Store in an airtight container. This popcorn is best eaten the day it is made.
Source: Crazy for Crust