A simple sugar cookie base, topped with cookie butter and chocolate. This sweet treat is sure to be a favorite snack!
Last week I was searching through my Pinterest account, trying to find a dessert to make. I wanted something pretty easy since Friday was busy and I didn't have a lot of time to make a dessert. When I came across the Biscoff Sugar Cookie Bars, I stopped searching. Mike is still obsessed with Biscoff Spread, so I had a feeling this dessert would be a hit!
When I made this recipe, I apparently didn't read the directions carefully enough, so I used 2 cups of chocolate chips in my chocolate layer. While it was still delicious, I would recommend using just 1 cup because otherwise the chocolate is quite overpowering.
These bars were the perfect dessert for our small group, but I think next time I'll have to make a pan just for Mike and me!
Makes 1 9x13" pan, approximately 20 bars (depending how you cut them)
1 Sugar Cookie Mix
, plus ingredients to make it
2 sticks butter, divided
1 cup Biscoff Cookie Butter Spread
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 cup chocolate chips
1. In a mixing bowl, prepare the sugar cookie mix according to the package directions.
2. Press sugar cookie dough into a greased 9x13" pan and bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
3. Cool the cookie bars on the counter for 10 minutes and then refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4. While the cookie bars are cooling, prepare the cookie butter layer: Soften the butter in the microwave for about 10 seconds.
5. Add in the cookie butter and microwave for 30 seconds, until melted.
6. Beat in the powdered sugar until smooth.
7. Spread the cookie butter evenly over the cooled cookie bars. Return to the fridge.
8. Melt the remaining stick of butter with the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl.
9. Spread the chocolate layer over the cookie butter layer. Return to fridge to cool until the chocolate is set.
10. Bring the bars to room temperature before cutting so the chocolate layer doesn't crack. Store covered at room temperature or in the fridge.
Source: Wine and Glue
This post includes affiliate links.