It's no secret that I love breakfast. I could eat it every meal of the day. And sometimes I do!
For instance, this recipe. I made it for dinner one night. Then I enjoyed it the next morning for breakfast, and Mike had it for lunch. That's the beauty of breakfast food, you can eat it for every meal. Other meals? Not so much. Anyone want a stir fry for breakfast?Eliorah. She made an Italian Sausage Boat and was telling me about it one night when we were at their house. Her husband loved the meal and requested her to make it again. You know meals are great when your husband can't stop talking about it!
Anyway, as she was telling me about her recipe, I had an idea forming in my head. Mike and I love breakfast scrambles and I thought a bread boat would be the perfect vessel for a scramble. It didn't take me long before I made this meal for our dinner. It came together quickly, which made it a perfect meal after working all day. I served it with a side of fresh strawberries and it was the perfect breakfast. Or lunch. Or dinner...
1 loaf French bread
1 pound breakfast sausage
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Cut the center of the loaf of bread out, leaving about 3/4" of bread on the sides. Set the extra bread aside, you won't need it for this recipe.
2. Cook breakfast sausage in a large skillet until no longer pink. Drain grease.
3. Whisk together eggs and milk.
4. Pour eggs into the skillet with the sausage and cook until the eggs are scrambled and cooked thoroughly.
5. Spoon egg and sausage mixture into the hollowed out bread. Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
6. Place in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes, until the cheese is melted. You could also put it under your broiler for 2-3 minutes.
Slice and serve warm.
Inspired by Eliorah.