Mike and Summer have a new daddy-daughter tradition. On days that Mike gets home from work before me, he takes care of her until I get home. Most days I walk in the door and Summer is sitting on Mike's lap and they're sharing a bowl of chex mix. Both of them love it and I think they look foward to their time together.
Since we love snack mixes so much, I decided to make a fall-inspired version. I also opted to make it in my slow cooker, since having the oven on for 2 hours and having to open the door to stir something every 15 minutes isn't very feasible with an active toddler around. The slow cooker made making this mix so quick and easy. We all loved this mix and now I'm coming home to find Summer and Mike enjoying my homemade version!
Slow Cooker Apple Snack Mix
6 cups chex cereal
2 cups small pretzels (break up pretzels if necessary)
1 cup Cinnamon Apple Chips pieces
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 teaspoon coconut oil
1. Combine the chex cereal, pretzels, and apple chips in your slow cooker.
2. Melt the butter and stir in the brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
3. Pour over the cereal mixture and stir to coat.
4. Turn the slow cooker to low heat and cook for 2 hours, stirring every 15 minutes.
5. When the mix is done cooking, spread it on a baking sheet to cool.
6. Melt the white chocolate chips and coconut oil. Drizzle over the snack mix and allow to harden before eating.
Store in an airtight container.