Monday, September 21, 2015
As I looked through my assigned blog for this month's Secret Recipe Club, I kept in mind my abundance of peaches, as well as a few zucchinis I still had hanging around. Thankfully, Kristen who blogs at Troyer's Loving Life, made it easy for me to find a great recipe. Kristen is a busy wife and mom to 2 teenage girls. Her family is busy working on their house, but she still finds time to cook and fill her blog with delicious recipes!
Ultimately, I chose to make Kristen's recipe for Peach Crisp (which she got from the Pioneer Woman's cookbook). It sounded delicious, and with my abundance of peaches, and peach crisp being my favorite dessert, I knew I'd found a winner. This recipe certainly didn't disappoint! The thinner layer of crisp topping really allowed the natural flavors of the peaches to shine though. I didn't have maple syrup, so I opted to sprinkle my peaches with a little bit of sugar instead, and I skipped the sauce. Mike thought this dessert would be delicious with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top!
Makes 1 9x9" pan, about 9 servings
5 ripe peaches
1 Tablespoon sugar, optional
1 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
dash of nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt
8 ounces (1 stick) butter, cold
1. Peel and slice peaches and place them in the bottom of an 9x9" pan. Sprinkle with sugar, if desired.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
3. Cut the butter into small pieces and add to the dry ingredients. Use a pastry blender or knife to cut the butter into the flour. Continue until the mixture resembles moist coarse meal.
4. Sprinkle the flour mixture over the peaches.
5. Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes, until the topping is crisp and done.
Serve warm, with ice cream or whipped cream if desired.
Source: Troyer's Loving Life
This will be my last month participating in the Secret Recipe Club. I've been a member since 2011, however with all our life changes I don't feel like I have the necessary time to spend on my blog. Instead, I'm focusing on raising a toddler, growing a baby, and expanding my personal training and coaching business. I've really enjoyed participating over the past few years and meeting new friends. I hope you'll continue to stop by and see what we're up to!
Desserts|Peaches|Secret Recipe Club|